Selection of Previous Works.Window Of Opportunity
Portrait of Michelle in My Studio, 2004
Any Minute Now, Something Will Happen¹Short Film², Sightseeing Bus Tour, 8 Postcards³ and Soundtrack. Commission: City Council Almere / Museum De Paviljoens Almere. Collaboration: Vanessa Hudig + Yeb Wiersma, 2004 Driving through the freshly built suburban area of Tussen de Vaarten - City of Almere - Hudig & Wiersma felt like they had landed on a desolate film set. During working hours there was hardly any activity going on in the public domain. Where and Who are these new residents who just moved in? What are the stories that take place inside their homes? - All residents of the neighborhood were invited to join the artists Hudig and Wiersma on a free bus tour. During the tour Vanessa Hudig would sing the especially composed soundtrack live on the bus. While Hudig was singing, the passengers were given the opportunity to meet their neighbors and to look outside; at their own stage, their own lives, in real time. Zwevend boven dit urbane decor bezingt Vanessa Hudig a la Aimee Mann de levens achter de gevels […] 'He notices her staring / at spilled milk on the floor / running of white rivers'. En na ieder couplet volgt die bezwerend-bevrijdende punchline: 'Any Minute Now, Something Will Happen'. – Edo Dijksterhuis, NRC Handelsblad, 04.
Imagine - Work: 40.000 Paper Placemats - Image of Young Girl Dreaming
Distributed through Fast Food restaurants of De Efteling¹, 2001.
- Part of Site Specific Exhibition: Gerrit Rietveld in De Efteling.
The Brain Is Wider Than The Sky¹
On the interior of Emily Dickinson.
Photo series on 50 gr. paper, 2008
She used the time though¹. Ongoing photo series which explores some of Florida's literary references.
1. Any Minute Now, Something Will Happen - a line by the American author Raymond Carver. - Image Above, Video Still #1
Postcard with video still portraits from residents of Tussen de Vaarten. - After the bustour all participating residents received the official soundtrack with 8 postcards.
2. Short film shows suburb Tussen de Vaarten. Film was shot from a slow-driving car recording the street views of this area. In one take: 8 minutes long. No sign of residents. Just empty streets.
1. De Efteling is the oldest amusement park of The Netherlands illustrating sagas and fairy tales. - Approach for this work was to offer a more ambigious and inward gaze towards how we perceive and contextualize our fantasy.
Years later I photographed the same young woman holding the book she was reading: A Severed Head by Iris Murdoch. Photograph turns into bookcover for dito book title. Part of ongoing personalised book cover series called: If I Were A Story. Thanks to Nina van Hartskamp. 
1. Title originates from Emily Dickinson's poem: Life CXXVI
1. Title taken from Salinger's story: A perfect day for bananafish. A story set in a hotel room in Florida. Image: Words In The Air by Rachel Carson, Elizabeth Bishop, USA Roadmaps, Robert Lowell and Salinger.